The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, August 12, 2006

stephen's green

lesser spotted yobs
spreadeagle on the lawn
a long tied businessman
whoops into his phone
golden breasted secretaries
cluster round the fountain
preening at their feathers
and cackling with abandon
whilst an elephantine matron
trumpets for her young
and a herd of student sexalopes
gambol in the sun
each creature happy
in its cacaphonic fate
save a lone jungle poet
hunting for a mate




(Dedicated to Doctor Jill "Stop-Calling-Me-Professor" Allaway of Keele University, England.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

I can see it all ! Nice one Heelers :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Hey! Thank you for your kind comment and stopping by!

Great visual for the poem.

I shall stop by more often! :o)

Chelle

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paddy Kavanagh without the alcohol!
Love it

4:36 PM  
Blogger LentenStuffe said...

I really liked your poem, James, especially the perfect neologism, "sexalopes"; however, I did not feel any compliment needed to be premised upon a dig at our beloved poet, Patrick Kavanagh, whose work is safely apart from yours.

I knew Peter for many years and learned that Patrick's declining years were exacerbated by TB, which he contracted as a child. Apparently, the excessive drinking was an attempt at self-medication. Tragic.

Your poem is wonderful, as are all your poems and vignettes.

1:46 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee du bist am besten!
Chelle, I thought some of your photos were unbelievable. I loved the bunny and relish when you write about your dogs.
Councillor Daly, as always, ti saluto.
Lentenstuffe, that was a fascinating insight you gave there. I don't think there was any dig though. Go easy on that man. He may be running the country shortly!
Cheers folks, ye made my day.
James

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home