The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, October 28, 2006

a cunning twist in the plot

Friday morning.
Late morning.
The noble Heelers emerges from his lair in the east wing of the old chateau, and ambles towards the stairs.
He is well rested and rather content with life in general.
Words drift to his ears. Mags Masefield is on the phone in the hall.
Halfway down the stairs Heelers suddenly freezes.
A clammy hand fastens around his heart.
This is what he hears.
"No James isn't available. No, he's still in bed. Who shall I say called? Tell him the editor called? Okay. I've got that. No, he normally stays in bed till about 2 o'clock. You should get him any time after that. Thank you. Not at all. Goodbye."
I stand on the stairs for long moments after she has hung up.
Slowly all my doubts crystallise into certainty.
The cleaning lady is trying to kill me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

I'm telling you, I never liked her from the first moment we all met her....

7:12 AM  
Blogger Chamki said...

My maid didn't come today. I had to do all the cleaning!
Maids!!!
Grrrr!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home