The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, October 23, 2006

into the great wide open

Coffee with Hoddlebun in the McDonalds on Grafton Street.
Sparse night time crowd at tables around us.
Three street thugs just inside the door watching for a chance to lift wallets.
An Arab security guard scowling cheerily at all and sundry.
Let me put it this way.
Tonight in McDonalds, except for the sexy Russian waitress, Hodders and me are the classiest people around.
Scary, no?
Well it scares me.
I'm unburdening my worries on Big Hair.
"I'm going to leave the Leinster Lootheramawn," sez I.
"You're going to do what?" quoth she.
At this I break into song.
"I'll walk out the door.
I'll say you horrendous gits, I'm not taking it anymore.
I've got all my life to live and you're just a bunch of spivs.
I won't crumble.
I won't lay down and die.
No, no, not I..."
Hodders listened to all this with the patience of a sage. (Asparagus probably.) When I'd finished she fixed me with a level stare.
"Then you'll have no job," she said pleasantly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the Hoddlebun's company again.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home