The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, February 15, 2007

dial k for karolina

Coffee with Karolina.
The Karolina.
Famous for diagnosing me as schizophrenic during the Lights of June UFO sightings...
She's back in Dublin from Poland for a few days.
Here we sit in the Stephens Green Centre.
Because she is a Psychologist I always want to discuss my theories of mind with her.
Today is no different.
I'm promulgating the notion that schizophrenia, depression, and attention deficit disorder are not properly understood as illnesses.
I'm arguing that the pharmaceutical companies have a business model that involves getting the entire population hooked on product.
I'm saying that we can choose to be well.
Karolina is responding with glorious Polish passion.
She is accusing me of heresy.
She is right in her accusation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Hmm....I can't make up my mind whether I like this character or not. Surely the Mammy must have done something during the day????

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wait u on the spanish steps.
:-* B.

4:06 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

No Schnee, she's one of the goodies. She's also benefitting from meeting a much nicer James than hung about these parts formerly. This is because my feminist cousin Pauline has put in endless hours training me to be congenial towards those with whom I disagree!
B, b careful wot u wish 4!
J

9:45 PM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Ok, I'll like her then. Now Pauline....I'm REALLY liking her :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger Sleepy said...

So, what would she do with us Aspergers' types?

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, James! Now you got yourself into trouble! How many times did I tell you that I have not diagnosed you with schizophrenia ever?! God Almighty! I'm far from that! It was meant to be a joke with the UFO story:) Plus! As far as I remember our conversation was never an argument... It wasn't even two different points of view as we talked about two different things. You hate pharmaceutical companies, I don't realy know much about them! I did my best to explain you kinds of schizophrenia and some of possible reasons for it to appear... Miscommunication? Possible... Greetings from my beautifull country!

3:42 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Everybody, this is Karolina.
I don't know what we'd be like if we WERE arguing...
J
PS: She's classically Polishly beautiful and going out with Anthony.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home