The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, April 14, 2007

shadow of a heelers

The mighty Heelers chatting to his mother and Councillor Richard Daly who is a prospective candidate for the Irish parliament in the forthcoming general election.
They are at the opening night of Shadow Of A Gunman in Kilcullen theatre.
An imposing looking lady of mature years and piercing grey eyes approaches.
"Are you James Healy?" she says directing her attention to the finest mind of a generation.
"Yes," quoth I, expecting compliments to start flying any moment.
"I have a bone to pick with you," sez she grimly enough.
"Oh," sez I wearily, "another bloody bone."
"You are the man," continueth she. "You are the man who writes for the paper."
"No," interrupteth me. "That's my brother Trevor."
"Oh, I'm sorry Mr Healy. I'm so sorry. I thought it was you."
"That's alright. We all make mistakes."
She turned and fled.
There was a moment's silence.
Councillor Daly broke it.
"You know what?" sez he, "You're the one who should be in politics."

6 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

That was a close one, for sure. :D

4:19 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, hopefully I'll never even know what it was all about!
J

4:55 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

James! Did you tell a porkie?

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was class!I liked d story;)Let me know when U become sme1 famous in politics;)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Chamki said...

Ha ha ha ha
But why did you do that?
You should have seen where it could take you...
:P

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'est vrai, c'est vrai.
RD

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home