The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, June 15, 2007

the mammy strikes

The noble Heelers arrives home after a long day's ogling.
I mean work.
He parks his car.
Long shadows stretch across the garden.
He enters by the front door of the old chateau.
The house is still.
Nobody else home.
I pause to kneel before the little statue of the blessed virgin Mary which stands on a table in the hall.
The statue features a representation of the virgin as she is purported to have appeared in the Portuguese town of Fatima.
I open my spirit to the truth represented by the image.
My handsome preraphaelite features take on an other worldly serenity.
My pale blue eyes seem deep as oceans.
I gaze upon the statue of the mother of God.
Abruptly my attention is drawn from prayerful repose.
There is a note stuck to the statue's right arm.
It reads: "Don't forget to bring out the bin."

3 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Ah, the Mammy works in mysterious ways, her daily wonders to perform :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Yes Schnee, but is nothing sacred!
J

3:41 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Of course! The mother of Ireland's greatest living poet, she is sacred. Or scared. Or scarred. Or...something.

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home