The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, August 02, 2007

goldener august

Coffee with Rapunzel in the Insomnia Cafe near Trinity College. Her glorious golden hair glowed gorgeously in the half light. No, really it did. Spun gold. Mutual contemplation for two hours.
Afterwards met Mary M on Grafton Street. She told me the pope is her cousin.
"Which one Mary?" sez I. "John Paul or Benedict?"
"Pius," she shot back.
I have no idea if my travelling woman thinks I'm an idiot or if she feels she has to entertain me before she robs me.
It's one or the other.
Back home took an evening stroll with Paddy Pup. Saw a little bat flying through dusk on the avenue. Paddington found a hedgehog and stood back very respectfully when I approached. As the darkness thickened around us, a screech owl who has moved into the Dad's chestnut tree, began his overture with a couple of plaintive cries. He'll keep it up half the night.
I was immensely cheered by the bat, the hedgehog and the screech owl.
Such creatures show something of the fun the creator was having when he made the universe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I always enjoy seeing the little creatures of the wild. It reassures me that the world is not yet beyond hope.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home