The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, May 08, 2008

marriage guidance with the lady known as lil

Coffee with the Mammy in the Whitewater Centre.
She is reminiscing about the early days of her marriage.
Presently she springs the following on me.
"When we lived on main street Tallaght, most of our neighbours were young families. Some of the housewives got into the habit of coming to me with their problems. They'd be telling me all these things about their husbands and I wouldn't know what to say. So I got into the habit of advising them: Don't worry about that, my husband does that as well. I'd say this no matter what the problem. It seemed to be working out very well until one day your father arrived home and told me he'd met such and such a one and she'd cut him dead in the street. Then he noticed another one glaring at him in church. It got so bad that whenever we'd meet the neighbours, the wives would be shooting me sympathetic glances and quietly giving him the cold shoulder. Eventually he got suspicious and he began to ask me what I'd been telling them. Of course I denied everything."

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home