The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, August 31, 2008

the waiting

grey light upon sleeping fields
the stillness i have come to love
time and tide cease surcease
peace sits like a glove
shadow sifts like memory

the dogs stirs at his chain
and whines and lifts his eyes
for the walk he knows we'll take
though storm clouds steal the skies
and grey light curtains into rain

so waits the world tonight
in darkness and in pain

the world waits for Christ

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Lovely...

6:32 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Also lovely...

5:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am on the phone with Nelda, and I was reading some of your entries to her. She guided me to the realization that the lower case, unpunctuated writing in "the waiting" demonstrated the insignificance of those words to the final word "Christ". "Christ" was the only word in Caps. Nelda, taught English for 12-13 years, and I learn something from her daily.

The following is dictated from her....

I enjoyed your thoughts. I can relate to the end of the poem as I am anxious to see Christ. I wish I could read your entries myself. I too love to write; however, that is something I have had to give up along with reading great books. I do listen to audio-books, and I wrote my story through Robyn, but it is not the same as being alone with pen and paper pouring out your inner self. I have relinguished these parts of my life to God, and I know he has better things in store for me because he is a Good, Good, God. I thank you for your prayers and for the witness you have been to the world through your pen/word processor. God Bless You, Nelda.

6:10 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Adrienne, no you're lovely.
Schnee, ave atque vale.
Robyn, welcome back and spot on about the poem.
Nelda, the reality of God still takes me by surprise. I think I've believed for years, and then suddenly I have a moment of real awareness, and it's as though I've woken up for the first time.
Having one of those moments right now.
J

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home