The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, November 20, 2008

morning tide

I awake and feel the soft presence of dawn creeping into my room. From the window I can see the eternal glory of first light announcing the will of God to the creatures of the world. Nestling in the hedgerows myriad birds answer in song that tehy have heard the call and will perform their duty in the creation. They are singing now. They sing the world into being. The ancient fields stir with new life. Shadows are lifting. Time and tide cease surcease. The numbers we give years are flung like chaff from the plough. I am allowed to see hence, and thence, and now. And at last I see more. People past, passing and to be. Come streaming from the fields. I believe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey James,
It is me, writing from a hospital room in Corpus Christi, Texas as my sons recovers from surgery on his left ankle. The last football game of his regular season of his SENIOR year, and he breaks his ankle. He would like to be a writer and study psycology in college. I am excited about his future goals. When he wakes up, I am going to get him t read some of your entries. I enjoy partaking in your Blog, and he may too. I hope our GOOD GOD is richly blessing you and your family. Our Priest (Irish born and bred)spoke about Wexford at Mass last Sunday. I believe that is where is sister lives.
Take Care,
Robyn

7:19 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hey there Robyn.
Steer your son away from the more unforgiving articles!
Ah, I gotta let go of my anger.
Wexford by the sea!
Very nice. And with an accent that can be unusual even by Irish standards!!
You're right.
God is good.
James

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning James. Just wanted to let you know that I put this one up on Broken Alabaster and one of our readers pointed to an poem on evening that compliments it nicely. Both poems are beautiful. Thank you!

4:33 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

MaryH, I am most trepidatiously going to check out Broken Alabaster. I know the sort of compliments I draw on that site!
J

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home