The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, November 02, 2008

sweet theatre of life

Evening at the Chateau de Healy.
Aunty Mary drops in for a visit.
With great gusto and high good humour she informs me that she has just killed Roger and Reggie her two roosters, and served them up for dinner.
I am rather put out by this.
In spite of all my complaining about their early morning cockadoodledooing, I have grown quite fond of the beasts.
"Why did you kill them? " I wonder a tad naively.
Aunty Mary shrugs.
"Arrah," sez she, "they wouldn't give the hens a moment's peace."
So that was it.
Even the animal kingdom isn't safe from the march of feminism.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA!Poor hens, not even having a bloody week of refuge as an excuse... ;)

U know us latins, never afraid or embareced to get into details! I keep shocking the brits!!!

Well I guess a man is a man, with skin or with feathers...(a bit more of feminism for the heelers records!)

.R.

9:44 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Ruth, you never fail to surprise.
J

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home