The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, December 26, 2008

quotes of the day

"Sure this old thing has been lying around your room for the past year."
The Mammy, unwrapping the book Dibs In Search Of Self, and instantly rumbling my passing-off-old-books-as-new-presents routine.

"Oh God no. They're singing Mathis's Messiah."
The noble Heelers enters Kilcullen church for midnight mass and reacts badly to the choir's infernal tootling rendition of A Child Is Born.

"Uncle James will you read The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe to me?"
My niece Erin, aged 2.

"Don't go publishing my photo in the Leinster Leader or anywhere else."
Father Gerry Foley, who dropped by in the afternoon for a visit prior to his return to the missions in Kenya.

"I think I can honestly promise I will never publish any picture of you in the Leinster Leader ever again."
Ireland's greatest living poet dissimulating.

"The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe. Let's read it now."
Erin.

"When is Jackie coming with the good presents?"
My brother Father Peter speaks the truth.

"There is no longer any excuse for giving me a woolly jumper at Christmas. Let alone five of them."
Heelers, speech to the city and to the world.

"Please Uncle James. Lion Witch Wardrobe."
Erin.

"Read it again."
Erin.

"I never bother with your political articles. Or the ones about the Johnston Press."
Cousin Frances.

"Fran that doesn't leave much."
Ireland's greatest living poet doing the false modesty routine.

"James, sara bello bellissimo travolgente, lasciarsi vivere totalmente dolce dolcissimo... scoveniente coi bei peccati succede sempre. Buon Natale Irish Boy."
Bianca in Naples.

"Bianca, I think I just died and went to heaven."
Heelers weak at the knees.

"Uncle James, read it again..."
Erin.


**********************






The Dad, The Mammy and Father Gerry Foley in the kitchen at the Chateau De Healy on Christmas Day with an unidentified sheepdog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Your Mom and Dad both look so,so, well - Irish (so do you, for that matter.

Your Mom looks so pretty all dressed up for Christmas. Give her a big hello from me and wish her Happy Christmas - Dad, too!

You need to get on Facebook...Your reward? You get to see the real me. Crazy little old Italian lady.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture ! Happy to see that all your family is in great form...
Here we are having a white Christmas ...it is still snowing today :-)

a big hug

11:18 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Cara Adrienne, grazie, I'll pass on your greetings.
Luisa, beata te!
J

7:06 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

It's nice to see your parents looking quite well. Christmas greetings to all of you.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home