The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, February 15, 2009

eileen said

every time it snows i remember
1963
and the snows of america
a young woman then
mad to be free
an ocean from home
this was me
stood in the road
while the world turned white
alone in my kingdom
in love with it
for the fall of sky
and the rise of earth
all colour one colour
all last one first
in remembered beauty
but only because
every time it snows
i see the girl i was
bedraggled and desolate
ecstatic and scared
wild in the blizzard
at the dawn of years

6 Comments:

Blogger caite said...

very nice...

11:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

After you didn't publish my last comment , i said sod you but it is for "Eileen Said" and its ilk that I keep on dippingini

11:56 PM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

That's a lovely poem.

1:12 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Caite, sweet Caite.
Fran, it's a sodding good poem.
Schneewit, try to act surprised when you see it again on the website.
J

4:24 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

If you post it again, I will enjoy it again. Eileen is probably a decade older than me. I understand a lot of things about her.

4:13 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, my lady!
J

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home