The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 21, 2009

the music of the spheres

The Dolly Parton concert with Serafina.
I'm not in the ideal mood.
I cannot contemplate the facial surgeries and altered boobs without feeling a bit sad.
Women shouldn't do this to themselves.
The doctors who facilitate them in doing it are barbarians trading on human flesh.
If this is what women feel they have to do themselves in the Free World, just to get by in our society, maybe we deserve to lose to the Jihadis.
Serafina doesn't encourage these speculations while she's trying to enjoy a concert.
But so run my thoughts.
Then Dolly Parton starts to sing her best hit and I am veritably transported.
The song is called Jolene.
Dolly Parton sings:

"Johnston Press, Johnston Press, Johnston Pressssssss,
Don't fire me from my job because you can.
You own 314 newspapers in England,
I hope that you can understand.
Oh please don't fire me now Johnston Press.
Johnston Press.
Johnston Press, Johnston Press, Johnston Presssssss,
Don't fire me from my job just because you can.
You own hundreds of newspapers, it must be fun,
But I have only got the one.
Oh please don't fire me from it Johnston Press.
You think downsizing is the way,
To make the newspapers you buy, pay,
But that way only leads to a communist revolution Johnston Press.
Johnston Press.
Johnston Press, Johnston Press, Johnston Presssss.
Why should any of us tolerate the likes of you buying our newspapers because you can?
You think that money makes you kings.
I think you all are dingalings.
And I wouldn't bet you'll be around much longer,
Johnton Press.
Johnton Pressssssssss.
Johnston Press, Johnston Press, Johnston Pressssss.
Don't fire me from my job just because you can.
You've fired many people before.
You probably think what the hell, what's one more.
But firing me is different Johnston Press.
I know you've been booed.
I know you've been sued.
But you ain't never been satire-ood.
And that's what's happenin to you now Johnston Press.
Johnston Press.
Johnston Presssssssssss."

You gotta hear Dolly sing it folks.
I'm telling you it's only brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home