The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, February 09, 2009

vermin

Reports this weekend of a new editor at the Leinster Leader.
Ah.
Pass the poisoned chalice Alice.
The new fellow has been reported twittering something about the Leinster Leader's "excellent editorial team," and "close relationship with the local community."
His perception does not tally with my own view of the Leinster Leader.
But then I only worked there for ten years before being fired on the eve of Christmas 2007.
This new editor has been on the job for at least five days.
He's really in a position to know what's what.
Time will tell though which of us is correct in our assessment of that august organ.
And by august I mean crapulous.
And by organ I mean something redolent of the genitalia of a common field mouse.
I predict the Leinster Leader will not last five years without me.
Perhaps I'm not an objective judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home