The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, June 25, 2009

heeler the peeler's supernatural tales of horror and suspense

This in my inbox from the blogger MJ (Jean Balconi) in Chicago.
Re: The Korean ghost story.
"For your information. I had a similar experience. I woke up and couldn't move but could hear, see and smell things. I had the sensation of someone standing in the window (beyond my line of vision) and then sitting on the bed.
I told a friend about it and she informed me that we can be semi conscious but unable to control our bodies because part of the brain is not "awake" yet. I do not know the technical jargon she uses but she said the sensations were dreams overlapping with conscious thought.
On the real ghost story front, my nieces and nephew informed me that there was a ghost in their old house. Their mother woke up with the sound of a girl screaming. (All but one of the children slept through it and he was scared most because his mother came upstairs with a weapon thinking there was an intruder.) There was a little girl in the boy's room and it spoke. My sister in law told it that it didn't live there anymore. It never showed itself again."

Heelers replies: I am reminded of Eddie Murphy's most insightful commentary on the The Amityville Horror. To wit: "I don't understand white folks. They go into a house. The house says in a real scary voice: GET OUT. And the white folks stand around saying things like: Hmmm, that was strange, did you hear that honey? Me, if I go into a house, and the house tells me to get out, I get the f--- out."

6 Comments:

Anonymous ME said...

There is a (kind of) pure scientific explanation to this sensation... ME, the Super-materialistic. :)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

I wonder why your locator software said I was in Chicago. I've never been there.

As for the getting the $&*$# out of a haunted house, I suppose it depends on whether you can afford to leave. ;)

1:38 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Me, what lies beyond?
MJ, I'd be out of that house even if it meant living on the side of the road. Although my assessment of the Amityville thing is that it was faked.
James

3:42 AM  
Anonymous ME said...

It is called sleep paralysis. A rather understandable explanation can be read here: http://www.dreamsnightmares.com/sleepparalysis.html
We are nothing, but our brains. :)

6:05 PM  
Anonymous ME said...

Or another article: http://www.csicop.org/doubtandabout/sleep/

6:08 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Me.
We are spirits.
***************
On other matters...
I would postulate that in the physical world the part of us we can most readily observe is our physical biological self.
I suggest that when we measure our brains response to experiences in the physical world, (measure by observing the brain mathematically and scientifically), it is possible to mistakenly attribute every perception we have, to the biochemical manifestation of that perception in our physical sensory apparatus. I am convinced such an attribution may be a mistake and not scientific.
Observing the human brain will not tell you anything about the reality of any experience external to the brain which the brain is reacting to.
Observing the brain will only tell you about particular reactions and processes taking place in the brain at that moment.
Observing the brain will not confirm or refute the reality of any experience which the brain is perceiving either in the physical world or in the spiritual realm.
For instance, observation of the brain will give you no information about a bullet that has just passed through your heart and is causing your brain to shut down.
Brains shut down for five million possible reasons.
Observing the brain in any of those circumstances will only tell you concretely that the brain is shutting down.
To know precisely what happened you must actually begin to gather data from outside the brain.
Such observation restricted to the brain, can only confirm that every biological process in that brain is now coming to an end.
Okay then.
Since observation of the brain can in no way confirm or deny the existence of a bullet through the heart, why on earth would we believe that observation of the brain could confirm or deny the existence of an external spiritual manifestation?
Ah they called me mad.
Mad.
But the line between madness and genius is a fine one.
Assist me with my experiments and you may decide which I am.
Yours.
James

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home