The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

heeler the peeler's supernatural tales of yoikes and ah for crying out loud

It was only a matter of time.
All this talk about Korean waking dreams and evil beings attacking while we sleep.
Of course I was going to get one.
One of those dreams.
Again.
Bloody ephin again.
I haven't had one in years.
Now they're back.
A man as suggestible as me has no place writing about anything to do with the supernatural.
It happened this evening.
I went to bed early.
I was under pressure with a relative.
One of the sisters in law.
I poured my heart out to God, telling him frankly I didn't want to heal the relationship, that I just wanted to get away from it.
I rarely try to make my prayers politically correct when chatting with the Deity.
I lay down to sleep.
And it was one of those.
Me paralysed.
Knowing full well I was asleep.
Sensing an evil presence approaching the bed.
Me barely able to form the invocation of Jesus to save myself.
Then I awoke.
Very similar to the Korean accounts, except the orientals often conceive of themselves as having already awoken when the attack happens, and then being paralysed in the presence of evil.
Of course the fact that I've been writing so much about these phenomena lately might mean my own suggestibility lay at the root of what I'd dreamed.
Of course Hungarian Psychologist Petronella Burjan may be right in what she has written on this website asserting that everything in these dreams is explainable in terms of brain chemistry.
Of course my own troubled mental history complete with similar examples of such dreams, which predates my awareness of the Korean phenomena by decades, might simply relate to psycho sexual fear, fear of life, fear of the future, fear of confrontation, all projected into the form I refer to as the presence of evil.
It might.
But you know gentle readers, my testimony to you is that I think there's another explanation.
So there we go.
When I awoke I turned again somewhat ruefully to the creator of the universe.
The family problems were a bit more in perspective.
My earthly fears about living, loving, money, careers and everything else, also seemed pretty irrelevant.
I had glimpsed the real danger.
And I knew full well as I've always known somewhere in my heart that my relationship with Jesus is the only thing in the universe that really matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home