The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

mister gap goes to washington

Wandering down Kilcullen Main Street on the hottest day of the year.
A professorial looking chap hoves into view.
Why if it isn't my brother.
The eminent Doctor Barn.
"Hello old Doctor old brother old pal," I cry all bonhominous joviality.
The brother casts me a look of some asperity.
"Where did you get that jumper?" he enquires coldly.
I am a tad nonplussed.
"I bought it," I lie.
"Let me see," sez he.
"No," sez I.
"It's mine," sez he.
"It's not," quoth I.
"You're wearing my ephin jumper," quoth he.
"Possession is nine points of the law," sez I looking around frantically for a quick exit.
"You stole my jumper," he intones in some disbelief.
"I only borrowed it," I lie.
"Give it back," insists he.
"You'll never take me alive coppeur, I mean docteur," I roar.
Surgeons hands restrain me.
I hand him his jumper.
Truly it is as the Bible says.
The Doctor Barn giveth and the Doctor Barn taketh away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

All right, boys, quit squabbling.

5:44 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

I plan on growing up sometime over the next decade.
J

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home