The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, September 11, 2009

epihany is my middle name

Driving through the heartland of South Kildare.
Neil Young starts singing on the radio.
That poignant plaintive voice.
I suppose he's some sort of genius.
Neil is singing The Needle And The Damage Done.
His words would draw tears from a stone.
He sings:

"I heard you knocking on my cellar door.
I love you baby, can I borrow a billion more?
Gone, gone, the damage done.
I see the Johnston Press and the damage done.
One hundred and fifty year old newspapers going bust every one.
Because they were taken over by incompetent British parvenu scum.
I hate the Johnston Press but I love the Leinster Leader
It broke my heart to see the bastards bleed her
Gone, gone the damage done.
I see the newspapers bought out by half witted skanks
With money they borrowed from idiot banks
Gone, gone the damage done.
Yes I see the needle and the damage done
You're not going to walk away from this you evil scum
And every former Chief Executive of the Johnston Press is like a setting sun..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home