The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, January 25, 2010

the monica leech laugh in

A joint statement from Bono and Bob Geldoff about the Haitian earthquake.
 
"Dis is a horrible urrtquake. Deh peeple are dyin. We want peeple to trow money at Haiti. Remember when we got deh idiot banks to cancel Turd World debts. I wonder, loike, did we cause deh banking collapse. I know deh bankers caused it demselves by paying demselves limitless sums of money for doin no work. I know deh banks are to blame for usin accountancy tricks to declare profits dat never existed. I know deh big car companies were givin derr chief executives free aeroplanes and hundred million dollar salaries. I know deh stock exchange companies were doin the same. But still. I like to tink we played a part. Funny dat. Anyhoo. At least by cancelling Turd World debt we ensured dat Robert Mugabe would still be able to pay his soldiers and police. And dat the government of Burmah could pay the wages of its gaolers holdin deh elected President Aung San in solitary confinement for twenty years. And dat deh Nort Koreans would be able to service derr nukes. More free money for deh poor. Poor dictators we mean. You know we never loiked Ronnie Reagan or Mrs Tatcher. I wonder whah Sharia Law will be loike. Seriously doh, we're just awful. Deh boat of us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home