The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the perfect day

Morning in the garden saying the rosary.
Robin landed on a branch nearby and sang the prayer with me.
Quick skite to The Gables Leisure Centre in Newbridge for a swim.
My first swim in ten years.
Followed by tea and scones at the Cafe Des Beaux Parvenus in Newbridge Silverware.
Then a trip to the pet shop to buy a brush for Paddy Pup, toys for the budgies, and food for hammy.
Dropped into Doctor Barn's surgery for a visit.
He said he owed me fifty quid for some bet.
It should have been about seven quid.
I reckon he was feeling guilty over an argument we had about the church.
Nonetheless, I accepted the money graciously.
Manna from heaven.
Who am I to refuse fifty spots if the Lord prods Daktari to divvy up.
Back home to Kilcullen for some time with the nephews.
Phone call from Annie Fagan in Spain, the artist formerly known as Sculpticus.
She sold me a sculpture of a monk in prayer some years ago.
At the time she'd said: "He represents any prayer tradition."
When she'd gone I told the sculpture: "Don't mind her, I know you're Catholic."
I'd always just assumed the sculpture was made of bronze.
Last week the budgies broke an arm off it.
Apparently it's not bronze.
I didn't mention the clay sculpture for which I'd paid 250 squid when we talked on the phone today.
I didn't want to distress either of us.
Later popped into my feminist cousin Pauline's health food store.
Bought some rooibos tea.
Ah, it's good for what ails ye.
Got a hair cut from Jan at Eilis Phillips salon.
Dropped into the pharmacy for some mouthwash.
Had a rasher, egg and chips at The Copper Kettle to celebrate my first swim session in ten years.
I reckon Goutman deserves his rasher and egg.
Met Vivian Clarke in the street and he asked me to play a disciple in a short Easter pageant they're presenting.
I think I'd make a good disciple.
I'd be Thomas.
The smart arse.
From Kilcullen to Naas to spend 35 lids worth of book tokens given to me by Giovanna Rampazzo for proof reading her college thesis.
I'd nearly hit her with the book tokens the day she gave them to me.
I'd wanted cash.
Throwing a drowning man a book token.
A novel twist.
Anyway I don't think she'll be throwing me many more so I'm going to enjoy these ones.
At Barkers bookshop I purchased a Bible, Saint Augustine's Confessions, a Garfield, and a book of Cavan Man jokes.
It came in at 35 Maneuro exactly.
The Bible had been priced at 29 but I got it for 15 because the pages were creased.
Nifty.
The Lord giveth and the Lord giveth some more.
Hot chocolate at the Costa cafe.
Home for a little more munching, dog walks, hamster walks, and televison.
Ah television.
Thief of souls.
Dinner.
Blog.
Prayers for forgiveness.
Bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home