The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, March 08, 2010

heelers down aff pub

Sitting in a corner of O'Connells bar.
I am a brooding figure.
The original Irish hard man nursing a cup of tea.
Other regulars keep their distance when they see me.
All except Vivian Clarke.
"Hey Heelers," quoth he breezily, "I'm putting together a pageant for Easter. Will you take a part?"
"What part?" sez me.
"Saint Peter," replieth he.
"You want a balding red faced fat guy to play Saint Peter?" I enquire with false modesty.
"Yes," sez he without hesitation.
"I suppose I'll just have to act," I answer rumly.
"Great," sez he.
"You must be hard up asking me," murmureth the Mighty Heelers.
"To be honest we're desperate," expostulateth he.
And so it begins.
I always knew I'd be Pope one day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

It may be yer only chance Mr. Heelers sir, carpe diem I say!

4:20 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

Yay! Please break a leg and whatever other appendages may be unnecessary! :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, my hour has come round at last.
MJ, I hope I don't know what you mean.
James

3:18 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

Fingers, toes, nose, whatever works for you theatre-types. Or perhaps simply rub a potato on yourself and bury it in the garden at midnight. It cures warts; ought to ward off nasty critics, too. :)

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home