The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, July 19, 2010

ireland's ambassador to the after life

Padraic McKiernan was cleaning out the number eight latrine which is located in front of the bushes on the east side of Gehenna.
"Who would have thought it would come to this?" he muttered bitterly.
His supervisor, the Demon Asmodeus, was sitting on a rock nearby, idly flicking through the Sunday Independent.
"What do you mean?" wondered Asmodeus without looking up.
Padraic McKiernan turned.
"When I was alive," he cried, "I was a big cheese. I was a huge cheese. I was the Secretary General of Ireland's Department of Foreign Affairs. I was Ireland's ambassador to France. I was Ireland's ambassador to America. I was Ireland's ambassador to the EU. I ruled. I ruled from the shadows."
"And now this," said Asmodeus carelessly, eyes still on his paper.
There was a moment's silence.
"Yes now this," said Padraic McKiernan disgustedly. "Now I am the lowliest piss boy in hell."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home