The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, July 04, 2010

let us speak of mental telemetry

Evening at the Chateau.
I am informing the Mammy of the latest plot twists in the soap opera which is our town.
A neighbour called Drusilla Baines is the subject of my report.
"She was driving her husband to the hospital," I recount. "Her husband had fallen and dislocated his elbow. Drusilla was a bit wound up about it. In fact she got so excited that she crashed the car into the gate of the hospital."
The Mammy sighed.
"I thought Drusilla was a very calm person," she said.
I shook my head.
"Lil old pal," sez me, "she's like my blue budgie. A bit of a neuro."
"How do you know?" sez the Mammy.
"Because whenever I put my hand near her she freaks out running around the bottom of the cage squawking like it's the end of the world," sez me.
"I didn't mean the budgie," sez Lil.
"Neither did I," sez me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home