The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

this sporting life

Evening at the Chateau De Healy.
Doctor Barn is in the kitchen doing a crossword.
Enter the noble Heelers, stage right, looking tired.
"What's up with you?" says Doctor Barn.
"The Rose of the Orient is over for the Hopkins poetry festival," I explain wearily.
"So?" quoth he.
"So I'm ferrying her around like a taximan," sez me.
"Why are you doing that?" quoth he.
"In return for sexual favours," sez me.
"Really?" quoth he.
"Yes," sez me, "I act as her personal chauffeur and in return as a favour she desists from pestering me to have sex her."

2 Comments:

Anonymous MissJean said...

I laughed. Wasn't expecting you to say THAT!

-MJ

11:03 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

The cops, the mob, the broads, the Jihadi's...
They're all out to get Heelers!
(Or was that Mike Hammer?)

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home