The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, August 02, 2010

the exorcist

Evening at the Chateau.
The Mammy is doing a crossword in the Sunday Express.
"Hey son," she calls to me.
"What," sez me.
"You that's so religious," quoth she. "Give me two words, five letters and six letters describing the four lowest ranks of the Roman Catholic clergy, namely Porter, Exorcist, Lector and Acolyte."
Ireland's greatest living poet thought for a moment.
A thought struck me.
Not the answer.
Just a thought.
"Here's a thought," sez me. "You all think Exorcist is such a low rank. But I gotta tell ya. If any of us needed an exorcist, it's amazing how important he'd start seeming. If you needed one, you'd probably rate the exorcist right up there with the Pope. Minor order indeed. Oh. Minor orders. That's the answer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home