The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, September 24, 2010

great moments in the papacy

Pope Benedict The Sixteenth: "Walter! Walter! I want to speak to you."
Cardinal Walter Kasper: "Yes, Mein Holiness?
Pope Benedict: "What is the meaning of this? This is no good. You have offended the British. Their newspapers are full of your rash remarks."
Cardinal Walter Kasper: "Vot? Vot did I do now?"
Pope Benedict: "Walter you know full well that you told reporters that you thought Britain is like a third world country."
Cardinal Kasper: "Vot did I do wrong I mean?"
Pope Benedict: "That was wrong. All wrong."
Cardinal Kasper: "Oh."
Pope Benedict: "I'm afraid you will have to cancel your plans to accompany me on the forthcoming trip to Britain."
Cardinal Kasper: (Grumbling) "I only said it because Prince Philip said ze same thing to me on ze phone zis morning... (Still grumbling) First I get named after ein friendly ghost and now I miss out on my chance to visit ze turd vorld. It's just not fair."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home