The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, December 12, 2011

on stopping by starbucks on a snowy evening with a golden hamster up my jumper

Whose cafe this is I think I know
His corporate headquarters is in seattle though
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his cafe fill up with proles
***
My little hamster must think it queer
To stop without a hamster cage near
Between the grocery and the bookshop with the dude where's my car counter assistants
The darkest evening of the year
***
He gives the spare tyre on my belly a nip
To remind me to leave the russian waitress a tip
The only other sounds the shriek
I unleash at the sight of my own blood
***
This waitress is lovely dark and sexy
But I have a biting hamster in my jersey
And budgies to feed before midnight mass
And budgies to feed before midnight mass

2 Comments:

Anonymous MissJean said...

I can't stop laughing at this. My only question is whether you shrieked in the café or managed to make it to the street. :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

In cafe!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home