The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, July 15, 2011

heelers dazzles another love struck waif

Afternoon in the Starbucks cafe above the Fashion Store on Grafton Street Dublin.
I am ensonced at a window table reading Miracles Do Happen by Briege McKenna.
A waitress passes my table.
It is the elfin prettyish American one.
"That's a very positive book you're reading," she smiles brightly.
"Have you read it?" quoth me.
"No," says she, "but the title is very positive. Miracles Do Happen. I like it."
"Oh right."
"And the author has the same name as my boyfriend," she adds like an afterthought.
"Your boyfriend's name is Briege?" wondereth me wittily.
"It's McKenna," explains the waitress.
A thought strikes me.
"Congratulations," I call to her warmly. "You now hold the official record for Quickest Ever Mention Of A Boyfriend To Head Off Misunderstandings In An Otherwise Innocuous Conversation."
She scurries away.
I ask you gentle travellers of the Internet.
Do these beyotches think I'm attracted to elves now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home