The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, August 27, 2011

august rain

Rain sleeting across the trees and ponds of Stephen Green.
I stand looking at the ducks.
A lone swan appears and moves towards me.
She is the only swan in the park.
She knows me well.
She stops right in front of me.
I bend down to her and she reaches towards my face.
I bless her.
There is a pulse in the universe.
I look up.
The prettiest Muslim girl in Dublin is taking my photograph.
I understand.
The swan was a gift to me in the rain from God.
Me and the swan are a gift from God to the Muslim girl.
And everything in the universe is rejoicing in the light of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home