The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, August 15, 2011

heelers fables

I removed Fur Ham from his cage.
He sat quite still in my hand.
He always does this.
Although he is a veritable Action Jack Hamster Perpetual Motion Machine, he holds quite still for a full minute.
Yes.
Whenever I take him from his cage, for the first full minute of freedom, he sits quite still waiting for a cuddle and to hear the words: "I love you Fur Ham."
Then he's off like Danger Mouse.
Oh the dignity of it.
As I watch him now, an ancient truth sings in my ears.
I am being given a preview of a glorious fulfillment.
When man returns to God, nature will return to man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home