The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, September 05, 2011

i know why the caged hamster spends all his time rattling around on a hamster wheel

September rain through the universe.
The noble Heelers wandered into one of the garages in Newbridge.
Purchased a thick black marker pen.
"Are you going to do some drawing?" asked the pretty Polish counter assistant who knows me tolerably well.
"I'm going to draw Hitler moustaches on Enda Kenny posters," I responded honestly.
"Are you sure it's not too big a marker for a small man like you," chanced she with a coquettish grin, obviously not having troubled to listen to my words.
"All the better for drawing swastikas on Fine Gael headquarters," I answered, still honestly.
This time she heard.
She laughed nervously.
I wandered up Main Street towards Fine Gael's local party offices.
Outside I halted.
And lo!
The party apparatchiks had removed their external posters of chief Nazi Enda Kenny and his regional gauleiter Tony Redmond.
A little bird must have told them their posters are no longer welcome in our town, our county or our country.
So no taches today then.
"That's a big marker Heelers," called out Ron Baines, one of Newbridge Town Council's litter wardens.
He was standing on the footpath behind me.
I had unsheathed the marker and was in the process of drawing a swastika on the wall.
I stopped.
I'm somewhat new to this Robin Hood game.
Perhaps Newbridge Main Street at three o'clock in the afternoon in broad daylight with a litter warden watching is not the place to begin the revolution.
The wall of Fine Gael headquarters still pristine and unmarked, I returned my marker to its holster.
"How ya goin Ron?" I enquired pleasantly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Careful there, James...

12:13 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, it's the graffiti heard round the world!
J

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home