The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

mystic pizza

"Are you trying to convert me to Christianity?" wondered Miss Arabia eyes wide and round.
I spluttered briefly and self righteously into my tiffin.
"No, no, no," I cried, "well yes."
She inclined her head regally.
"I thought so," she murmured, "but why?"
My famous fleeting grin flashed at her in the half light of the cafe.
"It's nothing personal against the peace loving religion of Islam," I told her. "But in 2000 years of Christianity, ain't no one ever converted because of me. Plenty of people went the other direction because of me. But no one ever converted. After all these years, Miss Arabia, I gotta admit I'd like to win one for the gipper. Just one. Anyone. Even you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home