The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, February 16, 2012

spring in italy

Mauro Chialli wandered down the Via Veneto with his friend Giulio.
"How could you vote to acquit Amanda Knox?" wondered his friend. "I mean she did it. She hacked that girl to death. She did it without mercy. She did it just to give herself and her loser stoner dude wankshaft boyfriend a thrill. How could you vote to let her (and him) away with it? You saw them after the murder. You saw them grinning and smooching in the streets. You saw Amanda Knox doing Yoga and giggling while the police were interrogating her. You saw them Mauro. Even you must know Amanda Knox tortured and slaughtered Meredith Kercher. And you know why. You know Amanda Knox worships satan."
Mauro shook his head gently.
"No, no, no Giulio," he admonished. "As a juror I must be objective in these matters. Lives are at stake. I saw the faces of those kids. They couldn't bluff. They wouldn't bluff. So I voted to acquit them."
"I can't figure you out," said Giulio in a troubled voice. "Amanda Knox butchered that girl. Any talk about faces and bluffing is just a further obscenity. How can you talk like this?"
Mauro grinned.
"I'm either the last idealist," he said. "Or an idioto. Or else maybe I'm a devil worshipper too, eh?"
And he arched his eyebrows devilishly.
Giulio became uncomfortable, made his excuses and left him.
Mauro continued his stroll up the Via Veneto alone.
Evening was settling over the eternal city.
Mauro paused at a fashion shop to eye the latest styles.
A shadow passed behind him.
He looked up.
"You! What are you doing here? I haven't seen you since the trial. Dio mio. What are you doing with that knife? Amanda no! I helped you to escape. I saved you from justice. No, Amanda. No. Not here. Oh please Amanda. Pleeease. Why would you kill me? I helped you to escape. Amandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Amandaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee!"


****************

Mauro Chialli really was one of the jurors responsible for freeing Amanda Knox and after voting to let Amanda Knox and her boyfriend get away with ritual violation, torture and murder, he really did make the above statement to reporters, to wit: "I saw the faces of those kids. The couldn't bluff. They wouldn't bluff."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home