The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, March 22, 2012

heelers defies the swastika

Bright effervescent Spring afternoon in the universe.
I wander into the Chat And Chew to meet Doctor Barn for lunch.
He is sitting there waiting at a corner table.
And lo!
He is reading a newspaper.
And double lo!
It is a Leinster Leader.
In a miraculously single motion I stride towards him, reach across the table, seize the newspaper and tear it into into strips.
When I'm finished fritters of Leinster Leader lie about the floor of the restaurant.
Daktari's jaw drops.
"That wasn't my newspaper," he murmurs. "It belonged to the cafe."
As if by magic Yvonne Foley appears.
She owns the Chat And Chew.
She is also, as of this moment, the proud proprietor of one finely frittered Leinster Leader.
Her jaw drops like the goodish doctor's.
"You'll know better next time Yvonne," I tell her kindly. "The Leinster Leader is dead in this town. I'll have an All Day breakfast when you get a chance. Would you thrown on a couple of extra rashers and gugs to go with it? I'm celebrating the fall of tyrants."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home