The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, April 12, 2012

yet another scintillating letter to gavin o'reilly chief executive (operating) independent newspapers

Junior.
Somebody purporting to be one your employees has left a message on my voicemail threatening to break my fingers.
Now you know I hold the O'Reilly family in scant regard.
I could never come to terms with your father's attempts to hijack the Fine Gael party.
Or with the rumours that the O'Reilly fortune was founded on the theft of secrets by your father from the Irish Food Company which he was then alleged to have parlayed into a career with HJ Heinz.
Nor was I too impressed a few years ago when a horse sponsored at the Olympics by your father was tested positive for dope, and afterwards the dope samples were stolen, one from a secure premises and another from a hijacked motorcycle courier.
But all this is neither here nor there.
I am normally too busy Mr O'Reilly, to concern myself with the doings of you or your ilk or your family's ilk.
Today on my voicemail, I received the following message:

"You f--king pr--k. You write one more thing about me, I am going to take everything you have. I am personally going to break every f--king finger in your f--king body."

Junior.
You will be aware that one of your columnists Paedophile Ian O'Doherty last week attempted to identify me to his readers in your newspaper the anti Catholic Irish Independent.
You will be aware that I have styled him Paedophile Ian O'Doherty since the day he falsely maliciously and malignly claimed in the anti Catholic Irish Independent that the Catholic Church is itself a paedophile ring.
You will be aware that last week in your newspaper he falsely maliciously and malignly claimed that I am an anonymour blogger engaging in something he called "internet trolling."
In your newspaper he falsely maliciously and malignly attempted to liken my behaviour to that of an anonymour 21 year old man who had recently been imprisoned for writing anonymous racist comments about a heart attack victim.
In your newspaper Mr O'Reilly, he threatened me with an unspecified "surprise."
Do you really think that allowing your staffers to publish threatening messages against members of the public in your flagship title and then allowing them to leave personal threats of violence against those same members of the public on their voicemail machines, is somehow going to rebound to the credit of Independent Newspapers?
Naughty, naughty, very naughty.
James Healy
PS: The last time I got an anonymous voicemail from an individual purporting to be Paedophile Ian O'Doherty who believed his caller ID phone number had been disguised and who threatened to kill me, was on the morning of my mother's funeral. Classy, eh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home