The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, September 08, 2012

haircut one hundred

Standing in front of the mirror.
I begin to snip.
Presently I'm snipping like crazy.
This is how we'll beat the recession.
By coming out of our comfort zones and giving ourselves dreadful haircuts.
And that night as I drove home through the bleak fastnesses of South Kildare, the engine on my car suddenly conked out.
Frantically I scambled with the key in the ignition.
A wisp of mist rolled across the road.
Then the old pop group Babylon Zoo materialised out of the shadows.
The lead singer sang:

"Spaceman
Spaceman
I've always wanted you to go
Into Spaceman
And now you have Heelers
With that haircut
Spaceman
Spaceman
Heelers you look like a Spaceman
Intergalactic craft"

I gotta say.
He sang it like he meant it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home