The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, November 06, 2014

the rah man cometh

Coffee with the old communist.
I mentioned that the British television station Channel Four had just broadcast a documentary programme under the title: Who Won In Northern Ireland.
"Nobody won," proclaimed the old communist.
"That's what Tony Blair said," I told him. "And John Major. And Gerry Adams. They all seemed like such nice people too. But all utterly wrong."
"So who do you think won in Northern Ireland?" wondered the old communist like a man looking for a walk on part in the Heelers Diaries.
"The IRA won," I answered.
"You're just saying that because you think Sinn Fein is their political wing and will win the next election," put in he.
"No," I said. "I'm saying it because the IRA were always as much a crime gang as a marxian terror army. I know you won't mind me using those words because you're not a member of the IRA. Anyway. Today I'm not hung up on the fact that the IRA and Sinn Fein are the same thing. That's not my main point. My main point is that the peace process allowed the IRA to bring all its operatives out of jail and to focus nationwide and internationally full time on their racketeering activities without the former distraction of what they euphemistically called freedom fighting. Their power has increased exponentially as a result. They are now present in every town and village in Ireland. They and their allied mafias rule us. On the streets and from the shadows. They don't need to have their proxies win an election. They rule us already. Already. The IRA won in Northern Ireland and they've won here too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home