The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, June 03, 2016

courage

(celebrating the 1916 Rising with the Heelers Diaries)

A writer called Paul Aspell has published an article in the Bridge magazine in which he openly excoriates teh violence of those who took part in the 1916 Rising.
He lives in a small town where I live, and has enough on his plate without me being on his side.
I suppose we wouldn't agree on any subject you care to mention.
I regard him as a life long anti Catholic, progressive, liberal, atheist.
And I don't use those words as compliments.
But his article took real courage as well as real insight.
I have to say it.
In small towns in Ireland there can be consequences for those who would defy the secret brotherhood of evil that is the IRA.
Of course the alternative is slavery.
Slavery to the IRA.
Slavery to Muslim Jihadis.
Slavery to whatever.
I hope there will be more Paul Aspells in the years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home