The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, August 31, 2017

valourous idylls

Midday in the city of Galway.
Coffee with Rowena in the Renmore Cafe
"Philmore and Throg aren't talking to me." I intone bleakly.
"Really?" quoth she.
"When I go into their shop they're always very busy, hurrying about, looking the other way, bending to some vital task."
"Do you know why?"
"The question is do you know why?"
"I have a fair idea."
"Could it be because they don't want me to lobby them anymore on the sanctity of life?"
"I'd say that's exactly what it is."
"So they're avoiding me."
"Are you surprised?"
"Well it's just I had a really good one that I wanted to use on them. Now it's never going to see the light of day. I was going to say: Do you mind me asking what is the profit margin on the Morning After Pill? How much do you make on every baby you kill? Is it, like, fifty pence per life? A pound? Two?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home