The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

first principles

The most profound and beautiful sense of peace I ever felt, came following the worst sense of despair I ever felt.
It happened in Italy in the dulcet winter of 1992.
There was a strange educative quality to the thing.
The peace which seemed to flood every aspect of my being and every aspect of everything I could conceive of in existence, was of itself and dependent upon nothing, yet it could not have been so wondrous had the earlier grief not been so awful.
My despair was turned to joy after I spoke the prayer ritual known to Catholics as the rosary.
I thought to myself at the time: If people knew about this the whole world would be praying the rosary and no one would ever fear hardship or misfortune because they would know the glory God brings from it.
The Lord turns to the good all things for those who love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home