The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, April 16, 2018

au pres de ma vroons

A robin singing in the topmost branch at evening.
His song is a pure psalmody of praise.
He's praising God for life, for the branch, for the evening, for the creation, for me, for God himself.
There's no sign of any other robins waiting to mug him as per Darwinian theory.
I'm thinking: "What a sad little notion the Darwinists have hitched their wagon to. How misguided to suggest that a robin singing is simply marking his territory. What a deliberate disregard they have for  joy."
The ghost of Richard Dawkins appears beside me.
"He is marking his territory, James," says the great man.
"Richard, " I answer cheerily, "you find in nature the despairs you have already hidden there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home