The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, April 19, 2018

hence wilt thou lift up a dublin bus

"Hey Heelers did you read the Bridge magazine?"
"No."
"They've put Brian Byrne in as editor."
"Whaaaaat? Again? I thought I ousted him thirty years ago. What the hell is going on? If it's not IRA skangs infiltrating the blooming thing, it's bloody Byrne back from the grave. Tsk, tsk."
"You should read it. There's an article by a friend of yours in it about abortion."
"I don't have any friends."
"Joe McKenna."
"That's not funny Plisskan."
"He's writing against abortion. I thought you'd at least approve."
"Nah."
"But he's a doctor."
"So was Doctor Phibes."
"But you're on the same side. You're always going on about that sanctity of life stuff."
"You forget that when Mr Trump was vying with Hillary for the Presidency of the United States, I told people to vote Hillary. If the choice is between a sincere abortionist and someone who actually wilfully worships the devil, I'd say it's a marginal call because both are from hell, but if you had to choose, you'd be better off sticking with the abortionist every time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home